14. May 2015 06:42
Physical therapy assists patients in becoming functionally independent and promoting a healthier recovery from a trauma or medical problem. It uses a number of stretching and strengthening mechanisms to reduce pain, restore joint mobility and prevent future injuries. Physical therapy can also be beneficial in the treatment of a number of orthopedic conditions such as back pain, Osteoporosis, neck pain, developmental deformities etc.
OrthoTexas, Flower Mound offers complete physical therapy services to the patients suffering from various health problems. The professionally trained and experienced physical therapists can efficiently diagnose and treat various injuries or conditions of the musculoskeletal system and also provide post-surgical restoration.
The physical therapy services provided at OrthoTexas, Flower Mound include:
- Soft Tissue Mobilization: This technique utilizes specialized instruments and tools to eliminate pain, improve mobility in muscles, ligaments and tendons, as well as encourage tissue healing.
- Sports and General Orthopedics Rehabilitation: This is helpful for patients who have injured themselves while playing sports or are suffering from an orthopedic problem. The rehabilitation program helps them strengthen the injured muscles, restore previous functionality of the joint and prevent the condition from recurring.
- Electrical Stimulation: This involves using a device that produces mild electrical impulses that can be directed towards improving blood circulation, stimulating muscle contraction and reducing pain.
- Manual Therapy: In this, the physical therapist uses various proactive techniques to stimulate muscles and improve joint mobility. Pressure is applied on the muscle tissue and joints are manipulated to decrease pain caused due to muscle stiffness, muscle spasm or joint dysfunction.
- McKenzie Method: Also referred to as mechanical diagnosis and therapy (MDT), it involves a complete evaluation of the musculoskeletal system to assess the exact cause of the problem and formulate a treatment plan accordingly. The McKenzie method focuses on active patent involvement and self-treatment modalities.
- Aquatic Therapy: This technique uses the specific properties of water to reduce muscle inflammation, nerve compression, increase strength and endurance. Light stretching and strengthening exercises can be performed in the water.
- Occupational Therapy: It aims at evaluating and treating conditions that can hamper an individual’s ability to carry out routine activities. These may include basic tasks like walking, sitting, dressing, writing, cooking etc. to high level work related chores.
For more details about the physical therapy and rehabilitation program offered at OrthoTexas, Flower Mound, you can call at (972) 899 – 4679.