Shikha Sethi, M.D.
Dr. Shikha Sethi is an award-winning doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating pain from injuries or arthritis in the neck and back, shoulders, hips, and knees. She offers innovative and non-operative pain management solutions for her patients. Dr. Sethi has received numerous awards for her expert and compassionate care. She has been named a Best Doctor by DMagazine, a Texas Super Doctor and honored by Vitals as a 5-year winner of the Patient’s Choice Award and the Compassionate Doctor Award.
Dr. Sethi attended Harvard University where she graduated with High Honors and was named a Presidential Scholar. She went on to complete her Medical Degree at the State University of New York, where she was inducted into the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, and her residency at the University of Virginia and the Weill Cornell-Columbia Hospitals. Dr. Sethi completed her fellowship in Interventional Spine and Sports Medicine at the prestigious Hospital for Special Surgery in New York.
Dr. Sethi is a board-certified physical medicine and rehabilitation physician. She specializes in treating neck and back pain, as well as arthritis of the shoulders, hips, and knees. She offers a variety of non-operative spine treatments including injections and minimally invasive procedures. She is an expert in electrodiagnostic nerve conduction studies (EMG). She was among the first physicians in North Texas to perform radiofrequency decompression of bulging lumbar discs and is one of few to perform radiofrequency ablation rhizotomies on the neck, low back, sacroiliac joints, and thoracic spine. Dr. Sethi is also an expert in ImPACT testing and the medical management of sports concussion injuries. Additionally, she is certified by the State of Texas Worker’s Compensation to provide Disability Impairment Ratings.
She has been a team physician for NCAA Division IA men’s and women’s soccer and basketball and served as a medical captain for the New York City Marathon. She has been on the medical team for the Dallas White Rock Creek Marathon and the Collin County Classic. When Dr. Sethi is not at OrthoTexas, she enjoys sports, music, and the outdoors.
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Sports Medicine
- Undergraduate – AB with High Honors from Harvard College, Cambridge, Massachusettts
- Medical degree – State University of New York – Alpha Omega Alpha National Honor Society
- Residency – Weill Cornell-Columbia Hospitals, New York, NY
- Residency – University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- Fellowship – Interventional Spine and Sports Medicine, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
HONORS AND DISTINCTIONS
- Recognized among D Magazine’s Best Doctors in Collin County – 2019 – 2023
- Recognized among D Magazine’s Best Doctors in Dallas – 2019 – 2023
- Recognized as a Texas Super Doctor 2020 – 2023
- Honored by Vitals as a 5-year winner of the Patient’s Choice Award and the Compassionate Doctor Award