Michael S. Schwartz, M.D., M.B.A.
Dr. Schwartz is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery of the knee and shoulder. He is the president of OrthoTexas’ executive board.
Dr. Schwartz has served as the chief of the Department of Orthopedics at The Medical Center of Plano, as well as a clinical preceptor of the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center’s Physician Assistant Program, the University of Oklahoma Health Science Center Physician Assistant Division and UTM at Galveston Physician Assistant Program.
Dr. Schwartz graduated from the Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education of The City University of New York and received his medical degree from The State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine. He completed a general surgery internship at St. Vincent’s Hospital in New York and performed his orthopedic surgery residency at New York Medical College and The State University of New York at Stony Brook. He served as chief resident in his final year. Dr. Schwartz also completed a fellowship in arthroscopy and sports medicine at Associated Orthopedics and Sports Medicine in 1998. In 2011, he received his Master in Business Administration from Texas Tech University. Dr. Schwartz is the team physician for the Allen Americans professional hockey team, Lebanon Trail High School in Frisco and a consultant for the Dallas Sidekicks professional indoor soccer team. He lives in Frisco with his wife and daughter.
- Sports Medicine
- Medical Degree, The State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine, Buffalo, NY
- Internship – General Surgery, St. Vincent’s Hospital, New York, NY
- New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY
- The State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY
- Fellowship Program, Associated Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
- Master in Business Administration, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX
HONORS AND DISTINCTIONS
- Voted – Texas Monthly Super Doctors – 2013 – 2023
- Voted – Best Doctors in Dallas: 2015, 2023
- Voted – Best Doctors in Collin County – 2012, 2014 -2016, 2018, 2021 – 2023
- Named to Texas Monthly Super Doctors – Texas Hall of Fame