Kevin R. Myers, M.D.
Dr. Myers, a native Texan, is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with fellowship training and subspecialty certification in Sports Medicine. His practice includes injuries of the knee, shoulder, elbow, ankle, hip and hip arthroscopy, as well as treating athletes and patients of all activity levels.
Dr. Myers graduated from Rice University in Houston, TX with a degree in Biochemistry, and received his medical degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. He then went on to complete his residency in Orthopedic Surgery at the Northwell Health System in New Hyde Park, NY, where he was awarded the Resident of the Year Award in 2012. He was then selected from over 100 qualified graduates in top orthopedic surgery residency programs nationwide to participate in the orthopedic sports medicine fellowship program at the world-renowned Andrews Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Center in Birmingham, AL. During his fellowship, he cared for professional athletes from the NFL, NBA, MLB, and WWE, as well as the athletes from the University of Alabama. He also served as the team physician for the University of West Alabama and assisted in the care of the Birmingham Barons AA baseball team.
Dr. Myers has published multiple articles on: shoulder and elbow injuries in the throwing athlete, biological joint resurfacing, meniscus repair, stem cells, and ligament reconstruction. He has also written book chapters and operative technique manuscripts on meniscus repair, meniscal scaffolds, and olecranon stress fractures.
Dr. Myers is the head team physician for the NBA G-League Texas Legends Basketball team in Frisco, and Hebron High School in Carrollton. He lives in Plano with his wife, son, and daughter, and enjoys skiing, basketball, and racquetball in his free time.
Dr. Myers was nominated and featured in SHOUTOUT DFW in May of 2021. Read more about Dr. Myers
Dr. Myers was featured in the May 2022 issue of Canvas Rebel Magazine – Read the article here Meet Dr. Myers
- General Orthopedics
- Sports Medicine
- Fellowship – Sports Medicine – Andrews Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Center – Birmingham, AL – 2015-2016
- Residency – Orthopedic Surgery – Northwell Health System – New Hyde Park, NY – 2011-2015
- Residency – General Surgery – Baylor College of Medicine – Houston, TX – 2010-2011
- Medical School – University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio – San Antonio, TX – 2006-2010
HONORS AND DISTINCTIONS
- Voted: D Magazine’s Best Doctors in Collin County – 2021
- Voted: Texas Monthly Super Doctors – 2021
- Voted: Texas Monthly Super Doctors – 2020
- Voted: D Magazine’s Best Doctors in Dallas – 2019
- Voted: Texas Monthly Super Doctors – 2019
- Voted: D Magazine’s Best Doctors in Collin County – 2019
- Resident of the Year Award – Northwell Health Orthopedics – New Hyde Park, NY – 2012