R. Myers, M.D.
Dr. Myers, a native Texan, is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with
fellowship training in Sports Medicine. His practice includes injuries
of the knee, shoulder, elbow, foot & ankle, hip and hip arthroscopy,
as well as treating athletes and patients of all levels.
Dr. Myers graduated from Rice University in Houston, TX, and received his
medical degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San
Antonio. He then went on to complete his residency in Orthopedic Surgery
at the Northwell Health System in New Hyde Park, NY, where he was awarded
the Resident of the Year Award in 2012. He was then selected from over
100 qualified graduates in top orthopedic surgery residency programs nationwide
to participate in the orthopedic sports medicine fellowship program at
the world-renowned Andrews Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Center in
Birmingham, AL. During his fellowship, he cared for professional athletes
from the NFL, NBA, MLB, and WWE, as well as the athletes from the University
of Alabama. He also served as the team physician for the University of
West Alabama and assisted in the care of the Birmingham Barons AA baseball team.
Dr. Myers has published multiple articles on shoulder and elbow injuries
in the throwing athlete, biological joint resurfacing, meniscus repair,
stem cells, and ligament reconstruction. He has also written book chapters
and operative technique manuscripts on meniscus repair, meniscal scaffolds,
and olecranon stress fractures.
Dr. Myers is the team physician for Hebron High School and Newman Smith
High School in Carrollton. He lives in Plano with his wife, son, and daughter,
and enjoys skiing, basketball, and racquetball in his free time.
Foot & Ankle
Hand & Wrist
- Fellowship - Sports Medicine - Andrews Sports Medicine & Orthopedic
Center - Birmingham, AL - 2015-2016
- Residency - Orthopedic Surgery - Northwell Health System - New Hyde Park,
NY - 2011-2015
- Residency - General Surgery - Baylor College of Medicine - Houston, TX
- Medical School - University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
- San Antonio, TX - 2006-2010
HONORS AND DISTINCTIONS
- Resident of the Year Award - Northwell Health Orthopedics - New Hyde Park, NY - 2012
- Recognized among D Magazine’s Best Doctors in Collin County - 2019