P. McKenzie, M.D.
Dr. McKenzie is a board-certified physiatrist who specializes in nonsurgical
treatment of the spine, electrodiagnostics, and sports medicine. Dr. McKenzie
has served active-duty as flight surgeon for the United States Air Force.
Dr. McKenzie graduated from the School of Science at St. Mary’s University
- San Antonio TX, and received her medical degree from the University
of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. She completed a transitional internship
at Harbor Hospital in Baltimore, MD, and performed her Physical Medicine
& Rehabilitation residency at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore.
Dr. McKenzie lives in Plano with her husband and two daughters. She enjoys
spending time with her family, running and traveling.
Neck & Spine
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Chief Resident - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Sinai Hospital,
Baltimore Maryland - 2005-06
- Residency - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Sinai Hospital, Baltimore
Maryland - 2003-06
- Transitional Year Residency - Harbor Hospital Center, Baltimore Maryland - 1998-99
- Medical - University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX - 1994-98
- Captain, USAF, Acting Flight Medicine Clinical Director - 2003
Captain, USAF, Flight Surgeon - 1999-2003
- Provided primary medical care for 1,500 empanelled special operation duty
personnel and their families. Conducted medical intelligence and safety
briefings for aircrew. Flew active missions with assigned squadron. Performed
food sanitation, industrial health, and occupational health inspections.
Responded to emergencies with primary response team.
- Air Force Commendation Medal - 2003
- Air Force Achievement Medal - 2001
- 436th Medical Group Company Grade Officer of the Year - 2000
- 436th Aeromedical Dental Squadron Company Grade Officer of the Year - 2000
- Armed Forces Communications & Electronics Association Scholarship - 89-90
- Greater Stuttgart Military Community Scholarship -89-90
HONORS AND DISTINCTIONS
- Recognized among D Magazine’s Best Doctors in Collin County - 2019
- American Cancer Society's Relay for Life Team Spirit Award - 2000
- USAF Health Professionals Scholarship Program - 94-98
- Dean's List, University of Texas Medical Branch - 94-96
- President's Scholarship, St. Mary's University - 89-93
- Dean's Grant, St. Mary University - 92-93
- St. Mary's University Alumni Scholarship - 90-91
- Society of American Military Engineers Scholarship - 89-90